My Blog

GRE word of the day - Exonerate

So I see exonerate and I think Tragically Hip song.

Bring me back in shackles,
hang me long out in the sun,
exonerate me, forget about me
I recommend measures for ending it.
Lover, she simply slammed the door.
She said, "you're gonna miss me.
Wait and you'll see, fully, completely
"
I ponder the endlessness of the stars,
ignoring said same of my father.
Either it'll move me
or it'll move right through me;
fully, completely

Isn't that wild?

Also, radio talk.

Y-100 was going over the hits of the 90's: Aqua, Spice Girls, Chumba Wumba, Corona. It was a blast from the past man. They were like

"Remember Ace of Base?"
"Yea, they suck."
"What? No, I used to love them."
"Ace of Base was just a wanna be ABBA."

I was all over the place laughing my ass off cause I've been thinking that since I heard them the first time in 7th grade.

Also, on 93.1, they were talking about Ash Wednesday.

"All you guys should just turn your TVs off and skip 24 today. Go out to the clubs and appreciate how you're not one of those pathetic middle aged men sleazing it up to the younger ladies."

SO TRUE.



posted 2/21/2007 09:11:00 AM  
4 | comment

4 Comments:

At Thursday, February 22, 2007 9:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great song, but you can't use the same goodbye for him that you used for me.

That's just the same as I can't use Death Cab for Cutie's Tiny Vessels for anybody else; though, that is a pretty harsh song to use to sum up a long-term relationship.

r/ One in a long line.

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007 9:59:00 AM, Blogger Rose Blite said...

I'm not using it as a break up song. His was Alexz Johnson - Skin. I'm in a good place right now. I'm in control.

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007 7:31:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's funny how
Everything you thought would never change
Is different now

 
At Friday, February 23, 2007 12:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared, Something Damaged is the quintessential angry break-up song, and my favorite track on The Fragile.

r/ One.

 

Post a Comment