My Blog

I remember last semester when I was beginning to show mono symptoms and my parents drove me to FIU so I could spend hours searching for papers on my diatomic molecule. My dad put 20 bucks on my copy card and carried the journals to the photocopy machine for me because I was too tired to lift them. I don't know how concerned they actually were at the time. I do remember that they didn't want to take me initially but for some reason, when I got out of the shower, my father said they would drive me. I know they thought I was exaggerating my symptoms like everyone does in primary, secondary, and high school to miss out on a test day. Maybe they realized I was 20 and no cold or flu would get me out of exams. Maybe I did look really sick. Maybe they were playing it safe in case the lumps in my neck were serious and that my expression was not false.

Regardless, I could not have gotten through the last semester and the ones before them without them. Likewise, I appreciate their concern and assistance this term.

My parents rock.

I hated them in high school but they must have done a fabulous job because here I am.



posted 3/15/2006 10:56:00 PM  
0 | comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment