My Blog

Ebola, you're first in my heart

I did some reading. I was wondering the incubation periods for Ebola vs. Marburg.

CDC [Center for Disease Control and Prevention. They need to add a P] listed Ebola as anywhere from 2-21 days. Right. But then it continued to say that on day three the person usually suffers severe hemorrhages. Understandably a person made up of burst capillaries will not live. And I haven't read of an individual case lasting longer than 5 days.

WHO [World Health Organization] claims that Marburg incubation period is 3-9 days.
CDC Marburg was 5-10 days. (I wonder at the constant inconsistancies.)
CDC also said this (blatant lie)

The case-fatality rate for Marburg hemorrhagic fever is between 23-25%.


Blurbs from an online Chinese news source, China Economic Net:

The virus, named after the Ebola River in Congo where it was first identified, can cause hemorrhagic fever in human beings, with massive bleeding and destruction of internal tissues.


The blood fails to clot and patients bleed from injection sites as well as into the gastrointestinal tract, skin, and internal organs. Basically, you just bleed from every orifice.


I love how they added, "Basically, you just bleed from every orifice." No one else says it. The Chinese article is linked in the title.



posted 4/08/2005 06:06:00 AM  
0 | comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment